Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vacation shmacation...

I feel like we are planning SO many little getaways that our summer will probably just FLY by. 
I'm going away this weekend with some girlfriends....no kids, no hubbies....just us!! 


I've never been gone for more than a night by myself with no hubby or kids, so it will be interesting for sure...and SO much fun, I'm really excited...and so glad that I have such amazing ladies to spend my time with:)


Next month we're trying to plan a vacation for just the 2 of us, no kid-lets. We thought it'd be a good idea during this "break" time while we don't have any brand new babies and/or are growing any babies in my belly to go away on a just-us vacation. 


We're torn between going somewhere really awesome, warm, beach-y and all-inclusive...and going to visit some super-great friends and family down in California....my hubby's leaning towards the latter...but the whole all-you-can-eat food thing is really swinging my vote to the former...ha ha...we'll see who wins! ;)


A week or so after we get back from that we'll be headed down to Whitefish for an entire week on a family vacation with some great friends. The best part about it is that these are friends we rarely see, all of my hubby's best friends from high-school....life just gets so busy when your old, kid-full and live in random cities across the province...so it's hard to sneak in visits. It will be great to be able to spend a whole week together, and all of us have kids too, boys actually...so it'll be awesome:)


Besides those extended vacations, the rest of our summer will include me babysitting, weekend trips to Waterton, the zoo, milk river etc....and  a WHOLE lotta' sidewalk chalk, bubbles and water. I mean it too, those are the necessities of a good summer. My kids have already gone through a TON of bubbles, and about 48 pieces of sidewalk chalk, no joke....they LOVE that stuff. 


I hope to take WAY more pictures this summer, and actually post them too, ha ha. :) 


on another note....I love the smell of rain....mmmmm...


Funny for the day:

A:
"MOM!! Daddy and I made a wooden gun with gorilla glue...and it just broke! It says its as strong as gorilla's! how did that happen? Hey...maybe, I'm stronger than a gorilla?"... obviously....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment