Monday, July 25, 2011

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come till heaven..."

Yesterday my friends spoke in church on getting through trials and adversity, and enduring them well. All of these thoughts and ideas come from their talks. 
We always root for those that are down....Harry Potter, Superman...any of our favorite heroes were at one time the underdog, yet triumphed. But in our own lives, we dislike adversity...it makes us uneasy, unhappy and upset.
The whole topic really touched me, as we are all enduring our own trials in our own way....and we are all struggling to endure to the end. 
This mormon messages video is an amazing message, that I really needed to hear:

The story was amazing...and watching the video today after hearing it yesterday, I teared up (okay, a lot). 
The quote at the end is what always get's me: 


Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come till heaven.But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ they come. It will be alright in the end. 


Trust God and believe in good things to come. 

3 comments:

  1. wow, thanks Crystal, I think this will be my FHE! (Grant is up on the roof trying to retrieve a poor little - now probably dead - squirrel that apparently fell down our chimney chase - some kind of vent cover must've blown off...) BUT today - not a very good day all around - we were remembering how we always drove junker cars, and how they were always breaking down...so topical for us! THANKS, yes I teared up too;-) <3 Aunt J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it worked for you Aunt J!!

    ReplyDelete