Sunday, May 1, 2011

I want to be an astronaut...

So we've known for a while that little A wants to be an astronaut, or space ranger as he sometimes calls it. A while ago he saw dirtbike racing on TV, and decided he wanted to that instead....until the airplane racing came on, and then we wanted to that. At the end of the day he decided it would be best to do all 3. 
The question of what he wants to be when he grows up, seems to get brought up a lot. Ever since that day, its always been back to being an astronaut....with a few other ideas inter-mixed. One day it was "do what daddy does!" which is??..."talk on the phone with people all day, I love talking on the phone"
Just last week we were watching an episode of barney at the firestation...and he turns to me and says vehemently "I don't KNOW what I want to be when I grow up, I just don't know!!". He looked so upset, so I reassured him that he didn't have to make that decision for a very long time, so there was no need to worry so much about it. 
We have talked a few times about the reason that our daddy goes to work (to make money for rent, food, etc.)...so he knows how important an occupation is.
Well, this brings me to the most recent talk we had about this...."Mom, do astronauts make money? ya know, space rangers....do they make money when they fly in rocket ships and visit planets and stuff?". He was satisfied once I told him that they definitely did, and I asked him why he was so curious..."ya know, I need to make money too." He was SO serious, like he'd thought about it a thousand times. He is such a little thinker, and so sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment