Monday, April 25, 2011

our kid-less getaway!!

This weekend my wonderful mother took the children for us, so we could have a nice relaxing weekend away. We drove to her house late Wednesday, and the kids were SO ecstatic to see the family, that they wouldn't sleep, ha ha. I'm pretty sure they were up until at least midnight, visiting and playing with all their fun toys. 
A asks me at least weekly if we can move to Lacombe, so he was over-joyed to finally be visiting them again...he even told me this weekend that he likes his Uncle J more than he like mommy! No way! I made him take it back before he could search for his easter basket, LOL. 
Needless to say, they had a wonderful time(besides R getting sick)....I think mommy was the only one sad to be apart for them, ha ha. It was definitely nice to get away, but I love those kiddos! I hate being away from them! 


The hubby and I went to Banff and stayed in an amazing suite at the fox inn and suites. It was so relaxing! It kind of seemed like we were at a spa the whole weekend. We slept whenever we wanted to, ate at amazing restaurants and spent most of the time soaking in beautiful hot tubs and saunas. At our hotel, the pool was in a man-made cave/basin thingy, and we went to another one that was on the side of a mountain, overlooking banff...it was amazing. We also went shopping, of course. We spent our airmiles getting gift cards that we could spend while we were there...at The Gap, Banff hot springs and The keg. 
All in all, we had a wonderful time, and it was nice to get away, even for just a few days. Also nice, to spend some time in with my family!
Hope your easter weekend was fabulous too!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you and it was fun to take the boys!! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete